I follow a writer who recently lost her husband after a vicious but tragically short fight with cancer. I will not share her name or all of… Read more “Can I Do This Alone?”
We’ve all heard the African adage “It takes a village to raise a child.” It has taken an unfortunate turn of events to remind me that I need to thank the people in my children’s village and tell them how much they mean to us.
I know we will look back on this summer and describe it as, “the summer Dad/Grandpa had cancer”. Whenever we look at pictures or question why we didn’t do a usual summer event or tradition the explanation will be, “oh right, that’s the summer Dad/Grandpa had cancer”.
Since the day my first son was born there have been many moments that have made me feel like a parent. I transitioned from a selfish, fun,… Read more “My Defining Moment as a Parent”
This past week I had a minor health scare. “I found a lump…” I repeated to my wife, my mother and the receptionist answering the phone at… Read more ““I found a lump…””
So we bloggers have our own little community where we ask questions of one another and bounce ideas around: “When did your little one start sleeping through… Read more “Cleaner Living: Cancer in the Sandbox”
Well, we have made it to the 12th day… But no Partridge in a Pear Tree here, we are learning about Nitrosamines today! Nitrosamines are not actually an… Read more “Cleaner Living: Toxin #12- Nitrosamines”
Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)- not to be confused with beta hydroxy acid (also abbreviated BHA)- is a preservative found in food and cosmetics. It is used to keep… Read more “Cleaner Living: Toxin #11 BHA (Butylated hydroxyanisole)”
Formaldehyde. Yes, the stuff they use for embalming bodies to temporarily prevent decomposition can be found in your personal care products. Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen, skin irritant,… Read more “Cleaner Living: Toxin #10- Formaldehyde”
Um, what? I hadn’t heard of this one until I started researching. Coal Tar in personal care products is the same as the stuff they use in… Read more “Cleaner Living: Toxin #4- Coal Tar”