This Magical Monday I’m grateful for:
* Cat piss. Stay with me. I actually hate cat piss, but I find it to be an extreme motivator. When one of our cats started peeing all over hubby’s clothes last Spring it motivated me to clean out our laundry room and to clean up his closet. Then his closet looked so good, I decided to clean mine out too. So, thanks to that cat-piss episode, our clothes and closets got super organized and have stayed that way for 7 months. Fast forward to now: one of our kitties has been peeing in a corner of our taproom (we have a taproom in lieu of a formal dining room, complete with restaurant booth) and he’s been doing it for quite a while. Yesterday I had to really dig into that corner to clean it up, then I just started cleaning everything in that room and then decided to rearrange it (took me almost 4 hours!). So, now we not only have a sparkling clean taproom but it’s looks like a new room with it’s arrangement and I’m so pleased. We made sure to eat in there last night to celebrate. Thank you cat piss for being such a strong catalyst for change!
* Vets, who will fix our kitties this week and hopefully help with the cat piss issue. Dudes, I just don’t need anymore catalysts like that at the moment.
* We took our boys to the Peabody Museum in New Haven for the first time on Saturday. It was awesome!
* We got a new treadmill and my oldest boy has been running on it everyday. For the FUN of it. I’ve come to the conclusion that best reason to run on a treadmill is for the fun of it.
* I’ve run on our treadmill a couple of times too. Not for the fun of it, but to keep myself from losing it. I’ve come to the conclusion that the other best reason to run on a treadmill is to keep from losing it.
* French bread pizza.
* Cashew-encrusted brie.
* Cheese with anything.
* My oldest boy and I, after many long conversations, have decided to skip Halloween festivities this year. He just isn’t feeling it and frankly, neither am I. So hubby will take our youngest two trick or treating and my oldest boy and I will stay home and watch paranormal stuff together (both of us LOVE that stuff). We are all very happy and relieved with this arrangement!
* My 6 year old loves his Easy Bake Oven. We made pretzels in it yesterday. Mind you, I HATE that freakin’ piece of machinery. It’s tedious, the food is disgusting, and it never comes out the way it looks in the picture. But he loves it, so we’ll keep doing it.
* Did I mention that I’m really glad we’re getting our cats fixed this week?
Happy Magical Monday!